Klaus K. Hübler: String Quartets 1 & 3, String Trio
1987 - Col Legno 5506
Musik sehen lassen aus Liebe zur Musik...
A1 - Streichquartett No.1 (1977) - Hommage À Alban Berg
A2 - Mvsica Mensvrabilis (1975-76) - Für 2 Violinen Und Viola
B1 - Streichtrio No.1 (1980-81) - Konzertparaphrase 11:40
B2 - Streichquartett No.3 (1982-84) - Dialektische Phantasie
Arditti String Quartet


6 comments :
{Previous comments from 2011:}
maready said...
What a wonderful site! You have done a great job of curating the music and it's a great, great service to have the iconography of these album covers available for all to see --- an unmatched period in graphic design.
While many of these records are 'old friends', there are enough here that I have never found that my modem will be busy for quite some time! I am leaving my comment here because this Hubler recording is one I am particularly glad to be able to hear at last.
No comments? I hope everybody who is downloading will take the time to say 'thank you'!
You mention the Avant Garde Project which is no longer operating. Yes, that was a tremendous resource, but you are doing a great job filling the gap!
Thanks again.
30/10/11 18:47
Wolf Fifth said...
Thank you maready for your comment.
This record of Hübler is one of my favourites, except the Col Legno pressing is exemplary, Hübler is a fantastic (under appreciate) composer with really original ideas.
I consider this as one of my finest transcriptions.
31/10/11 13:04
maready said...
Wolf Fifth ---
I had to return and thank you specifically for your transcription of this recording. I have wanted to hear Hübler's music for a very long time, but there is very little of it and not many recordings. After hearing the string quartet music, I did some research and was able to find CDs on Wergo and Telos that include most of Hübler's other work. For me, this is a typical experience on the internet: the sharing of out of print recordings from a generous person's library leads me to investigate further, i.e. to buy CDs and books and scores.
Special thanks to the sound quality of this transfer in particular; the recording itself is superbly engineered and your transcription is marvelous.
After leaving the previous note, I discovered that the Avant Garde Project is still operating, although not all of their archive remains available. New AGP posts now appear on UBUWEB.
18/11/11 19:41
jserraglio said...
Thank you for this and the DGG Avant Garde series.
BTW there is a mirror of the Avant Garde Project that appears to have links to the entire original archive:
http://avantgardeproject.conus.info/mirror/archive.htm
27/11/11 12:55
deelight said...
Yes - thank you very much indeed - what a surprise to find this!
deelight
1/3/12 03:12
thank u
roberth
ooops i spoke too soon the link is dead
is it possible to re up
roberth
Originally shared by Wolf Fifth in 2011
PW: thewolf5th
https://mega.nz/file/9BMyTTrb#W4amDg1Kmy9LCix9n1RcskoouMlfb_fYizJ7MFSSXAE
thank u so much v.
roberth
music is so much needed now
i am doing fine just going crazy
Post a Comment