3 Matthijs Vermeulen Prizes
Jan van Vlijmen, Klaas de Vries, Guus Janssen
Jan van Vlijmen, Klaas de Vries, Guus Janssen
1986 - Composers' Voice CV 8602
for maready
A - Jan van Vlijmen: Omaggio A Gesualdo (1971)
Violin – Theo Olof
Orchestra – Radio Chamber Orchestra
Conductor – Hans Vonk
B1 - Klaas de Vries: – Discantus (1982)
Orchestra – Radio Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor – Kenneth Montgomery
B2 - Guus Janssen – Temet (1983)
Gijsbrecht Van Aemstel Quartet
Violin – Jan Erik Van Regteren Altena
Flute – Eleonore Pameijer
Cello – Eduard Van Regteren Altena
Harp – Ernestine Stoop


3 comments :
Originally posted by Wolf Fifth in 2011
PW: thewolf5th
https://mega.nz/#!fpRDEKIK!K8AjpalnROVF0j1r1DlPcCtkdTV03Iyadgz10_zt8KE
[Previous comments:]
maready said...
thanks so much! more van vlijmen ... when I first heard his music ("Quatterni" on a Composer's Voice LP) I had a reaction that is somewhat uncommon for me: I found it incredibly ugly, awkward, incomprehensible, but I found myself returning it stubbornly, trying to figure out why it bugged me so much. (Normally when I hear a piece of unfamiliar music, I either find it interesting or uninteresting, I wasn't use to having such a violent reaction.) In any case, I did not give up and persisted and found that Van Vlijmen is a remarkable composer who doesn't bother giving a superficial 'polish' to his works.
Thanks so much for this piece, which I haven't heard, and for the string quartet you posted earlier.
2/12/11 16:35
lescamil said...
I offer my thanks also! I have this LP, but haven't gotten to ripping it. Yours probably is in better shape than mine, too. I really love these Dutch Composers' Voice works, and I too am a fan of Jan van Vlijmen. His work Monumentum has to be one of my favorite Dutch works.
2/12/11 23:38
Anonymous said...
Thank you very much!
3/12/11 19:46
upkerry14 said...
Thanks, not familiar with any of this music. est, Bill
3/12/11 19:59
Transferred and published by Wolf Fifth in 2011
PW: thewolf5th
New link:
https://mega.nz/file/iBpiwRIA#5VyJBvhmNOJSpwKuud8UGJullqj2kOP4kyl5hKLX06A
Post a Comment