Donald Martino: Triple Concerto
Milton Babbitt: Arie Da Capo
The Group For Contemporary Music
1980 - Nonesuch H-71372
Milton Babbitt: Arie Da Capo
The Group For Contemporary Music
1980 - Nonesuch H-71372
But music will cease to evolve, and, in that important sense, will cease to live
A - Donald Martino - Triple Concerto (1977)
B - Milton Babbitt - Arie Da Capo (1973-74)
Conductor – Harvey Sollberger
The Group For Contemporary Music


4 comments :
[Previous comments:]
Anonymous said...
dear friend
thanks again - i like wandering down memory lane in old nonesuch couplings like this.
yours sincerely
alfred venison
9/4/12 13:34
gogolino said...
Just wonderful to see this again... Thanks!
9/4/12 18:17
Anonymous said...
Thank you very much!
9/4/12 19:14
Boom said...
I never heard the Martino concerto, and I don't think it was ever issued on CD. So I'm quite excited at the opportunity to hear this recording.
Many thanks!
10/4/12 02:30
C.F. Ryal said...
Thanks very much! It's always a treat to hear Babbitt, and I'd never come across Martino before. This is a very pleasing combination of works by a student and his teacher, both of whom are (were) completely at home writing for the clarinet. And I rarely get a chance to hear the clarinet, bass clarinet, and contrabass clarinet (!) in the same piece. Another valuable post.
10/4/12 07:18
ceb said...
Thanks for sharing these records and giving us the chance to hear this music in its earliest performances
10/4/12 15:07
Anonymous said...
Damn! Another Nonesuch record I missed back in the day! Many thanks Wolf for this lost one.
-Brian
12/4/12 06:02
Originally published by Wolf Fifth in 2012
PW: thewolf5th
https://mega.nz/#!385jAYAQ!FIhB66y4_OdJxQtlPoJNmVmpWKJk_dlpWpIJaLYuE_w
¡Gracias!
Transferred and published by Wolf Fifth in 2012
PW: thewolf5th
New link:
https://mega.nz/file/PB4R2BbZ#fFZiTTBkkRk8DmIMhuXdK5f0N30ociP9SUlgKaVCHOM
Post a Comment