Tuesday, April 12, 2016

144 - Bernd Alois Zimmermann: Cello Concerto, Photoptosis, Tratto II - 1972

Bernd Alois Zimmermann: Cello Concerto, Photoptosis, Tratto II
1972 - Wergo 60062

Beginning with a gleam and increasing to a radiant beam of light

A - Concerto Pour Violoncelle Et Orchestre En Forme De 'Pas De Trois'
Cello – Siegfried Palm
Conductor – Ernest Bour
Sinfonieorchester Des Südwestfunks, Baden-Baden


B1 - Photoptosis - Prélude Für Grosses Orchester
Conductor – Hans Zender
Radio-Symphonie-Orchester, Berlin

B2
- Tratto II


Track A1 composed 1965/66, produced by Südwestfunk Baden-Baden
Track B1 composed November 1968, produced by Sender Freies Berlin
Track B2 composed 1968

3 comments :

v. said...




Originally shared by Wolf Fifth in 2012

PW: thewolf5th

https://mega.nz/#!b9oVXLgS!oumVvqNXHY8HT_b3dns5wbfI36s9RF_1rjpQl26hCGw



Martin said...

Marvellous! I have the LP and now I can play it over my computer everywhere. I have never got over the power of this version of Photoptosis - later recordings, though clearer, don't quite do it for me.

v. said...


Transferred and published by Wolf Fifth in 2012

PW: thewolf5th

New link:

https://mega.nz/file/aAIDkY5b#1IEuSkIzr0xQv-vLSM3xybo-AZDoXM1YIeRpzY4y8Vc