Saturday, June 11, 2016

163N - Avantgarde Box 4.4: Heinz Holliger, Karlheinz Stockhausen - 1971

Avantgarde Box 4.4
Heinz Holliger: Siebengesang
Karlheinz Stockhausen: Spiral

DG 2561109, 1971



GHeinz Holliger: Siebengesang (1966/67)
Chorus – Schola Cantorum Stuttgart
Chorus Master – Clytus Gottwald
Conductor – Francis Travis
Oboe – Heinz Holliger
Basler Sinfonie-Orchester


H - Karlheinz Stockhausen: Spiral Für Einen Solisten (1968)
Directed by Karlheinz Stockhausen
Oboe, Audio Generator [Kurzwellenempfänger] – Heinz Holliger

Recorded at Tonstudio Max Lussi, Basel

Siebengesang für Oboe, Orchester, Singstimmen und Lautsprecher. An orchestra is confronted by the use of contact microphones, the signals from which are delivered immediatly to the orchestra. The orchestra is then required to respond to this strange echo of itself (live sampling avant la lettre).
Recorded at Tonstudio Max Lussi, Basle Switzerland, October 1970.

Spiral für einen Solisten. Events received by a soloist on a short-wave radio are imitated, transformed and transcended.

7 comments :

v. said...



Transferred and processed by Wolf Fifth...

PW: thewolf5th

https://mega.nz/#!Qkg3AbRZ!x8oeh-phH1Xsv_8masA3CVo61_POPAZSN5nV4Mju7QM


alfred venison said...

thank you again. -a.v.

Unknown said...

Holliger's Siebengesang is a very attractive piece , thank you for the introduction.

Richard.

Anonymous said...

I just can't tell you how grateful I am for this upload. Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

I am of the "one can never have enough Stockhausen" camp. Many thanks for an unknown version of 'Spiral'.

-Brian

guiller said...

Many thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Holliger, which I heard decades ago and wanted to hear again! -Teamster