We are pleased to announce that the wolf5th archives blog has reached the end of the original Wolf Fifth's set, with a number of posts restored as true as we can.
Over the past 10 months there have been 186 posts. These posts include the Wolf Fifth's posts as well as the posts contributed by Justin Geplaveid, Ricarditoj, rostasi and the anonymous visitor. So we have a lot of fun exploring the vast expanses of the avantgarde music.
Where do we go from here? Well, there is a to-do list we keep and we are always open to considering new ideas. So please let us know what you think.
V.

23 comments :
Well maybe i can prepare more uploads from my side ;) - And I still have some of them to be shared :)
Many, many thanks.
MIL GRACIAS
It would be great if you keep the site open for future uploads. As the AGP project showed there is a huge amount out there that has never made it to digital.
If so, my suggestions are that you put a prominent contributions button on the home page as well as a basic search facility.
Jack
XXX
wheres the high pony tail when u need himXXX
great blog thank's
About search options
Google recently changed a lot in the Blogger engine. It resulted in deprecating old Blogger search module. Now the search is working only if the blog is public and an option "Let search engines find your blog" is ON. This blog is not public and search engines are prevented from the blog being indexed. Obviously there is a reason for that: there's always a possibility of the copyright racket. As a substitute I provided a cloud of labels which can be searched inside your browser page.
Many, many thanks for all your efforts in making these fantastic records available again - with the original lossless files and HQ artwork, this has been such a valuable undertaking for anyone who likes this kind of music. If more become available to post, that would just be a wonderful bonus! Best wishes for the future.
thank you so much for making all of these recordings available
I love this site. I used to own many of these recordings (sadly sold aeons ago), so it is like the holy grail for me. I was very sad when the original WF had to close his blog. I can only hope fans of this site will continue to submit recordings of many hard-to-find avant-guarde music. I myself have been looking for an old Witold Rowicki recording of Lutoslawki's "Livre pour Orchestre" on the Polskie Negrana label with a Kilar piece. If anyone happens to have it, please upload!
@Jeff
Presumably you're looking for this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WITOLD-LUTOSLAWSKI-Livre-pour-orchestre-WOJCIECH-KILAR-Krzesany-LP-ROWICKI-NM-/161864196554
Sorry, I do not have this.
What's surprising (to me anyway - getting old I guess), after having checked my shelves, I do not have these works recorded by Rowicki at all, but by other Polish conductors.
As to keeping the site alive - I'm sure there would be many contributions available - just a question of managing them somehow...
Yes - has been fun...& most instructive. Will be so pleased if folk can find the time/material to keep it going. Thank you....so far !
You are a start of the blogosphere, V4v. This website is a labour of love. Thank you...
thank you very much for your efforts. when I first became acquainted with the original wolf 5th I scooped up all the past posts and then every new post as it arrived. Then he came to a grinding halt after posting & withdrawing the netherlands radio new composers forum album. I am pleased you took over & resuscitated the old wolf 5th collection and are now preparing to launch into brand new material. I'm very excited.
you ask about suggestions. if its not too bold i have two elusive favorites from my early days i would request if you or any one else has them, they are:-
(1) Hans Werner Henze – Ode An Den Westwind • Konzert Für Violine Und Grosses Orchester - released in 1969 on DG with siegfied palm on cello & wolfgang scheiderhan on violin & henze conducting the bavarian radio orchestra
(2) Toru Takemitsu - Hiroshi Wakasugi – Miniatur-Art (Musikalische Kleinkunst) - released in 1971 on DG
In any case I will be hanging off your site regularly now that you've caught up with re-posting everything i had acquired from the original wolf 5th & are launching into exciting new territory.
If wolf 5th is reading today you did me a great service sir by re-uniting me with a significant stem of my music collection which i had been cut off from for decades. this re-unification with my avant garde side has immeasurably enriched my life for which i am eternally grateful. my partner is very broad minded and though no one else shares my tastes in avant garde music, I feel complete again in myself for the first time in many years.
cheers, alfred venison
I would like to add my agreement with alfred venison's two requests. I have seen them but never heard them.
The original Wolf 5th was one of the first music blogs I discovered after getting my first computer in 2009. By that time my trusty Rega Planar 3 turntable had finally died and I was amazed to find a place with my own tastes - not to mention the many identical records I could no longer listen to. I have been a collector of 'avant garde' music since seeing "2001: A Space Odyssey" in 1968. I had never heard anything like Gyorgy Ligeti's pieces and I knew I had to find more. It is a search that continues to this day. With your site I am able to fill in the many blanks I missed the first time around. I would be very happy if you continue in the wolf direction. I shall be following. Many, many thanks!
-Brian
Organisational questions to v4v:
1. Would the blog be limited to vinyl rips, or would CDs be allowed (there are many discontinued CDs out there, I'm sure - the format is nearly 40 years old [!!!]).
2. Are you willing to continue managing this?
3. uh, many thanks for the posts I downloaded but did not thank you for specifically.
@ Sandflyer:
You are welcome!
Four days ago I changed in the blog description "recordings never released on CD or out of print" to "rare avantgarde music recordings", so CDs are possible later this year. If anyone has objections to this, please make them known.
(Can't help thinking that all CDs are so close to their discontinued status while playing them on the BlueRay or DVD drives.)
I really really hope this site keeps going. I remember how nice was to discover Penderecki's Kosmogonia in the original blog. This blog does a great service for avant garde music, and that's something that no other site does better. By the way, I also have a request, a very rare Xenakis pressing from 1987 which includes the following pieces: Nekuia, Aïs and N'Shima. If you have it or someone has it, it would be wonderful to publish it here. This is the LP:
https://www.discogs.com/es/Xenakis-A%C3%AFs-Nekuia-NShima/release/1882430
Thanks for all the music and greetings from Colombia!!!
Alejandro.
Two of the Xenakis compositions/recordings mentioned above by Alejandro Vidal were reissued on CD.
'Aïs' on a Col Legno CD and 'Nekuia' on a CD included in the book "Musik der Zeit 1951–2001 50 Jahre Neue Musik im WDR. Essays – Erinnerungen – Dokumentation"
(ed. Frank Hilberg und Harry Vogt)
I do not have the LP but maybe this will help in the meantime:
https://1fichier.com/?0fhbj6jbtp
@ Ernst Grgo Nebhuth - thank you for your help.
Thank you very much for your help!!!! i'm very pleased to have this archives!!! Continue your research!
Sensational job, dear V.
Thank you, dear Davide!
Post a Comment