Music Before Revolution - 1972 - EMI 1 C 165 - 28 954 / 57 Y
Very rare 4 LP box found in Antwerp...
A1 - John Cage - Credo In Us
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Percussion - Burkhard Wissemann , Michael Dietz
Piano - Christoph Keller
Turntables [Phonograph], Electronics [Radio] - Johann Nikolaus Matthes
A2 - John Cage - Imaginary Landscape No. 1
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Percussion - Michael Dietz
Piano - Christoph Keller
Turntables [Frequency Recordings] - Johann Nikolaus Matthes
B1 - John Cage - Concerto For Piano And Orchestra / Solo For Voice I / Solo For Voice II
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
Piano - Hermann Danuser
Voice - Bell Imhoff , Doris Sandrock
B2 - John Cage - Rozart Mix
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
Earle Brown - Folio
C1 - October 1952
Piano - Hermann Danuser
C2 - November 1952
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
C3 - December 1952
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
C4 - MM - 87
Piano - Hermann Danuser
C5 - MM - 135 March 1953
Piano - Hermann Danuser
C6 - Music For "Trio For Five Dancers" June 1953
Conductor - Earle Brown
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
C7 -1953
Piano - Hermann Danuser
D1 - Earle Brown - Four Systems
Conductor - Earle Brown
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
D2 - Christian Wolff - In Between Pieces For Three Players
Cello - Wilhelm Schulz
Double Bass - Timm-Johannes Trappe
Organ - Gerhard Stäbler
D3 - Christian Wolff - Electric Spring 2
Bass [El. Bass Guitar] - Timm-Johannes Trappe
Guitar [Electric] - Jörg Trappe
Recorder - Rainer Riehn
Trombone - Bernt Laukamp
E1 - Morton Feldman - For Franz Kline
Cello - Frank Wolff
Horns - Jakob Hefti
Piano - Heinz-Klaus Metzger
Soprano Vocals - Bell Imhoff
Violin - Ulf Klausenitzer
Wind Chimes - Michael Dietz
E2 - Morton Feldman - The Straits Of Magellan
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Double Bass - Timm-Johannes Trappe
Flute - Karlheinz Wiberny*
Guitar [El.] - Klaus-Ulrich Dorn
Harp - Brigitte Deshais du Portail-Sylvestre
Horns - Jakob Hefti
Piano - Christoph Keller
Trumpet - Paul Knill
E3 - Morton Feldman - Between Categories
Cello - Frank Wolff , Wilhelm Schulz
Piano - Christoph Keller , Morton Feldman
Violin - Hans-Peter Friedrich , Ulf Klausenitzer
Wind Chimes - Burkhard Wissemann , Michael Dietz
F1 - Toshi Ichiyanagi - Sapporo
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
F2 - Toshi Ichiyanagi - Life Music
Conductor - Rainer Riehn
Orchestra - Ensemble Musica Negativa
G - Conversations With John Cage, Christian Wolff, Hans G Helms
H - Morton Feldman, Earle Brown And Heinz-Klaus Metzger In Discussion


12 comments :
[previous comments]
maready said...
This is an astonishing document! You rarely hear Feldman and Wolff played in such a visceral manner these days --- and I have never heard a recording of the latter's 'Electric Spring' which brings back some memories for me (I played the bass guitar part for a recital in university many years ago!)
24/11/11 18:24
Wolf Fifth said...
I bought this box set a long time in Antwerp for a ridiculous low price because the seller turned out not to be the owner of the shop but his son in law who did not know what to ask...
On a later occasion I met the original owner, he went crazy by hearing the paid price, I offered him to fill up but he was generous and congratulated me with my find haha
24/11/11 18:59
Anonymous said...
dear friend
thanks for this & all your other offerings; you have a wonderful site, rich & bounteous.
yours sincerely
alfred venison
18/12/11 11:58
lindorffellery said...
Wow, this is really exciting. I just only recently heard about this box set, and was hoping to find it posted somewhere. What a special collection ... I haven't heard a few of these pieces... "Between Categories" (although I know it's on a Mode 2CD set), Wolff's "Electric Spring" (the instrumentation seems really interesting...), and of course the inclusion of Toshi Ichiyanagi is thrilling and my love for John Cage is undying... Thanks very much for this. Looking forward to listening once it's finished downloading. Nothing like a good compilation of modern composition from the '70s...
8/1/12 06:41
Transferred and published by Wolf Fifth in 2011
PW: iceshoweronfire
part 1
https://mega.co.nz/#!DQ5kyKyS!IpqIIHMYTLUtPwiwKqug15vgQ0f2qRNj0xyFbW8PXFw
part 2
https://mega.co.nz/#!bRRRXSwC!XVo8j2CSaV3qxyqJIxycale6q06_uxUfEAjCFBmSBcI
Thanks for re-upping everything so far - but especially this, which I seem to have missed the first time around.
notice boy raaijmakers (see breuker kollektief) & peter kowald in the brass section of the ensemble!
Just discovered your blog via the margins of slow goes the goose via the margins of opiumhum and..how FANTASTIC....many items I had been looking for and many discoveries like this one. GREAT WORK!!!
Excellent share. Was looking for this LPs for a long time already.
And I'm excited to see 'wolf5th' back!
This is unknown to me. I am especially looking forward to the Toshi Ichiyanagi pieces. Many thanks!
-Brian
It is impossible to express adequate thanks for this and other treasures you have uploaded for us. I am just soaking-in the marvellous Between Categories. It's quite nostalgic for me to see the name of Frank Wolff, the cellist, since during my 30 years in Frankfurt/Main he was a celebrated figure in the avant-left (to coin a phrase) cultural community.
May you flourish -
Martin
This came out when I was in high school. A friend of mine bought it and we listened with some excitement - we were already familiar with most of the composers.
You may have noticed that the cover has a misspelling. My friend's copy had a teardrop-shaped sticker on it, pointing to the error, bearing the text "it's RIEHN"
What a fantastic discovery! Thank you so much for posting!
Thanks so much!
Great Music. Many thanks!
Post a Comment