Sunday, September 17, 2017

Roberto Gerhard: Chamber Music Collection - Trio Gerhard - 1996

Roberto Gerhard, 1896-1970
Trio / Cello Sonata / Gemini
Trio Gerhard

Label La Ma De Guido #2021,
Jan 01, 2001
Schoenberg acknowledged in his writings at the end of his life: "...of the hundreds of my pupils, only a few have become composers: Anton Webern, Alban Berg, Hanns Eisler, Karl Rankl, Winfried Zillig, Roberto Gerhard, Nikos Skalkottas, Norbert von Hannenheim, Gerald Strang, Adolph Weiss..."




[1-3] Trio for Piano, Violin and Cello (1918)
[4-6] Sonata for cello & piano (1956)
   [7] Gemini, duo concertante for violin & piano (1966)

Trio Gerhard

Albert Nieto, piano
Victor Parra, violin
Francois Monciero, cello


Recorded at Paper de música (Capellades)
12, 13 and 14 December 1996


Posted by Ausklang​

5 comments :

v. said...



Originally posted at the wolf5th by Ausklang...

CD, image, cue, flac

https://mega.nz/#!EV0xHDLK!-dm6s6el-y9aucBP2g5sU4rkCnVc1OjoTfi0BWjeobo

PW: thewolf5th

Anonymous said...

Thank You, I only just refound you. I had all those previous posts, but they got lost in a hard-drive-crash. I feel so lucky now.
Do you know, like and/or have Opus One material. It must be twenty or more years since I heard those albums.

greetings Richard

v. said...

- like https://www.discogs.com/label/40858-Opus-One ? Maybe not, I don't have the index by label...

Anonymous said...

Yes that label is the one I have fond memories of, playing them in Sjef's Disc-library
it was my first entrance to classical music other then Bach Beethoven and Glass.
And if You do not have such things I will look further, there is so much good music on your blog.

Thank you, and greetings Richard

guiller said...

Many thanks!!!